NEWS: The evaluation results of SiSEC 2015 are now available.
NEWS: The submission deadline is extended to 25th May.
NEWS: We replaced the MUS dataset MSD100.zip to MSD100_2.zip because some songs in the older version were corrupted (the songs stop playing before the end). Please download them again from the MUS page.
Welcome to the main page for the fifth community-based Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (SiSEC 2015).
So far, several SiSECs (SiSEC2008, SiSEC2010, SiSEC2011, and SiSEC2013) were held every one and half year. The unique aspect of this campaign is that it is not a competition but a scientific evaluation from which we can draw rigorous scientific conclusions.
The results of this and previous evaluation campaigns are summarized in the following reference papers:
- N. Ono, Z. Koldovsky, S. Miyabe, N. Ito, The 2013 Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (SiSEC2013), in Proc. Int. Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing, pp.1-6, 2013.
- S. Araki, F. Nesta, E. Vincent, Z. Koldovsky, G. Nolte, A. Ziehe and A. Benichoux, The 2011 Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (SiSEC2011): – Audio source separation -, in Proc. Int. Conf. on Latent Variable Analysis and Signal Separation, pp.414-422, 2012.
- G. Nolte, D. Lutter, A. Ziehe, F. Nesta, E. Vincent, Z. Koldovsky, A. Benichoux and S. Araki, The 2011 Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (SiSEC2011): – Biomedical data analysis -, in Proc. Int. Conf. on Latent Variable Analysis and Signal Separation, pp.423-429, 2012.
- E. Vincent, S. Araki, F.J. Theis, G. Nolte, P. Bofill, H. Sawada, A. Ozerov, B.V. Gowreesunker, D. Lutter and N.Q.K. Duong, The Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (2007-2010): Achievements and remaining challenges, Signal Processing, 92, pp.1928-1936, 2012.
Datasets, Tasks, and Evaluation Procedures
- Underdetermined speech and music mixtures
- Two-channel mixtures of speech and real-world background noise
- Professionally produced music recordings
- Asynchronous recordings of speech mixtures
We welcome other tasks/datasets/evaluation criteria from participants. Anyone can comment or reply about this issue via the comment system at the bottom of the task page.
Evaluation Results of SiSEC 2015
- End of Jan., 2015: Deadline for evaluation proposal
- Feb., 2015: Call for submission of separation results
- 27th Mar., 2015: Paper submission deadline of LVA/ICA 2015
- 20th May, 2015: Deadline for submission of separation results
- 25th May, 2015: Deadline for submission of separation results (extended)
- Beg. of Jun., 2015: Publication of SiSEC 2015 results (on the web)
- 12th Jun., 2015: Deadline for LVA/ICA camera-ready papers
- 26-28 Aug., 2015: LVA/ICA conference
SiSEC 2015 Evaluation Organizing Committee
- Nobutaka Ono (NII)
- Antoine Liutkus (INRIA-Nancy)
- Daichi Kitamura (SOKENDAI)
- Nobutaka Ito (NTT)
- Zafar Rafii (Gracenote)